« Home | Random postulations » | Idle » | Straws » | The Faces Of A Man » | Poetic Justice » | Art » | Unencumbered Reality » | Childish Laughter » | Going once » | What "they" do to me »

For Aika

I wonder
If I were to look inside my head
What I could find
It would be full, I'm sure
Of people,
And people knocking outside to get in
And people knocking inside to get out.
It would be full of hungry strangers.
If I were to look inside my heart
I think it would be a void
Like a lost place
Of no land-value
Undesired...
Undesirable.
And an empty wind screams
With your laughter
Where the sun beams
With your glittering grin
And where steam rises from the sand.
It is not so empty
Because you are everywhere.
On me,
In me,
Weighing me down
And lifting me up
And I cannot move.
You blot me out of the space.
And if I could leave this place, I would.
You tend it better than I ever could.
Somehow, full of you,
It feels right.
--January 28, 2003