« Home | Harbinger »

Go

Go before an ounce of good destroys
The fleeting misbelief I hold with you
Go before my senses charge a ploy
That reiterates how little I have to give you
Go before my mind conducts nostalgia
Memories that only now begin
Go and fleet slowly, entreat Nevaeh
The enigmatic truth deserves to win
Go before my logic makes you hateful
My senses lock, my tears are quarantined.
Go before my passion makes you grateful
That we ended before you learned what I had dreamed
Go so that my learning doesn't hurt you
My selfish needing pain to misconstrue

Go before you simplify for excuses
Don't add your own remorses to the strain
Go before you see without the ruses
How I needed you to aggravate the pain
You can never deign to tell me that you knew
That my mind craved this the most out of us two.
--April 6, 2005