« Home | For Aika » | Random postulations » | Idle » | Straws » | The Faces Of A Man » | Poetic Justice » | Art » | Unencumbered Reality » | Childish Laughter » | Going once »

For The Animal

And now, though years can separate
The sky from blue and black
Gladly, I remorse this state
This blatant lack

If life began as small as dust
And grew like petals pour
I watched it mold from gold to rust
I watched it sour

If life began, where I began
Upon a smaller space
From shape to shape within a man
From race to race

I drew out all the ledges
And folded halves inside
I cornered all the edges
So you could hide

I floundered in that boat
Like insence in a can
You trickled down my throat
And then you ran

Godspeed, save you
Draw you out of me
I cannot break the bottle
Throttle me

And now, though ghosts awaken
By borrowing my voice
The road, as not yet taken
Was not my choice.

The hand I left outdoors
The heart I left inside
Apathy adores
My liquor pride

And last, I sought to write
When time can seperate
The morning from the night
When it is late

I curved you with my spurns
I shaped them with my tongue
A wiser man learns
When he is young.

--November 24, 2004