« Home | Scribbling in my notebook #1 » | I AM » | Memories » | Finding the Universe In the Step That Shattered th... » | I Went the Way You Should Not Go » | The Boy » | What Time Forgets » | Somewhere » | Self Pity » | The Tree »

Passionate Fury

Passion
Like anger
Like fury
Pounding against time
Resonating against space
Screaming against air
Moving beyond sound
Breaking beyond life

Standing in the twilight
Holding onto stones
You and I, and the night
So close, and yet alone
The air is cold, unsighted
Like hidden rays of frost
But passion once ignited
Is never lost.

Holding you, holding me
A moment beyond reality
The wind regards us angrily
Dashing at the hungry sea.

But I cannot be cold
Enveloped by you
I cannot be cold
Tucked into you
I cannot be cold
Surrounded.

Love warms me,
Not love I thought I had
But love I finally found.
Not love that promise
But love that waited for me.
--January 25, 2005