« Home | Self Pity » | The Tree » | The Captain Of My Heart » | Rainbow » | The Child » | Face » | Mountain, strong and rooted fast » | Maiden, Maiden » | I am Sick » | Credo »

Somewhere

There always was a place
A faraway hut with a thatched roof
Adobe walls of mud
Packed like soggy sheepskins.
Unadorned walls
That screamed like literal truths--subtle statements.
Then the floor that groaned,
Erected in antediluvian days.
The rusty relics of timeworn importance
That, strewn in hallow places
Across the cavernous floor
Displayed themselves nobly
Like robes of kingly linen and herds of prize cattle.
With more innocent pride than I.
I always marvelled at this irony.
Then, this place always made me remember...
Made me see...helped me understand.
I dont know where it is,
Or where I am, in line with its location,
But I know that it sits closer to the light
Than I could ever be, outside its antiquated doors
Of sun-charred oak.
My home of unembellished truths.
Somewhere upon the strand
Of time.
--July 19, 2004