« Home | Mountain, strong and rooted fast » | Maiden, Maiden » | I am Sick » | Credo » | School Essay » | 3:00 AM » | Fall Hard » | Processing » | With myself » | Adolescent »

Face

-I-

My eyes, fixed
Motionlessly on
The strem
O entity of earth
Life and long
Water.

I cannot be
Distracted by the
Ripples that pass
Before my gaze,
Trying to deter my
Wan eyes
From their purpose.
A face...
In the mirroring
Water.

My guilty look
Painted against the
Busy canvas.
Tarnishing nature's
Beauty. It was
Intentional,
I confess,
I hate feeling alone
In my low place.
Now there are two of us.
Hello.

-II-

An insolent friend
You make
Condescending face
That you are.
You taunt me
And my acquesiant
Misbehaviour.

Every placid stare
From your eyes to
Mine...
Reflects your
Expectations...
And your prospect
Of me.
If you think so
Little of me, don't
Come to meet me
Here. I hold you
To nothing.

-III-

I begin to dread
You, and your face.
You tell my secrets
Succintly
Spilling them in
Flagrant whispers
Across nature's
Garish face.

There is something
Also,
That I resent.

You command me
To face your
Eyes.
I wonder, what lies
Do you contain
In those
Swirling
Ethereal pools
Of such green?

I wonder, if you
Were not unlike
Me, in the way of
The things that I seek
So wearisomely
To conceal?

You are damned,
Image of my
Mangled looks;
You make me
To remember the truth
For fear of becoming
Like you,
Face.

--February 8, 2004