« Home | Processing » | With myself » | Adolescent » | Go » | Harbinger »

Fall Hard

I don't know what to say
Say what is real
I don't know how to say it
Say what you feel
I don't know why I'd say it
You need release
I don't know what I need
An honest peace.
I don't know how you know this
I understand
I'm tired of opposition
Stop trying to stand
The thought of you torments me
Just let me through
An agonizing silence
It's hurting you

Your honesty frightens me
The agonizing silence that follows
Something so pure, so perfect
I'm afraid of ransacking the moment
With my unpure thoughts
Why does living scare me?
Why does reality haunt me?
I've betrayed my reality
Truth is embittered against me
I hide it like sin
And I trade something so real
So vibrant, so alive
For plastic, for dishonesty
For paint.
You make me face things.
Why do you scare me with your honesty?
Why are you so damnedly truthful?
Don't you see me breaking?
Don't you feel me tremble?
Can't you see, that once I'm gone
There'll be nothing left to embrace?

I can't hold onto crumbling
I can't hold onto lies
The only truth I've noticed
Is fear that fills your eyes
I understand the weakness
I crave your trust
I don't want you to crumble
Beneath my lust
You die and truth breaks loose
You make way for the new
You perish with your plastic
And relinquish you.
I told you when you listened
Your youth is marred
Those who fly the highest
Fall hard.
--January 26, 2005