« Home | For The Animal » | For Aika » | Random postulations » | Idle » | Straws » | The Faces Of A Man » | Poetic Justice » | Art » | Unencumbered Reality » | Childish Laughter »

The Valleying High

Dawning, flooring molecules
As space remorses rain
The splattering moistening pain

Morning spreads like footmen
Across the valleying high
Between the earth and sky

I painted streams of rainbows
Creation, wounded, speaks
In innovative streaks

The wallowing and hidden
Ascended from that lair
Inhaling bitter air

They swallowed every image
Surrounding what I saw
The ill safe-guarded jaw

I stood, within my paintbrush
It took my eyes to see
And told this scene to me

Entranced, my heart dipped slowly
As men returned with men
And struck, one man to ten

As danger cut my voice low
And fury donned my head
My hand, astounded lead

I cried without intention
I called, my voice regained
The ceiling broke...and then it rained

This statuesque euphoria
Entranced me to my wake
As Morpheus' voices spake

Covered in my bedsheets
My mind, awake, at war
In the valleying high of yore

--September 3, 2004